Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Best-Laid Plans... - Day 7

As teachers we spend a lot of time prepping for and planning the lessons we want to teach our learners. None of us like to be unprepared...that being said, teachers are the most flexible people I know. We understand that even the best-laid plans can be upset by the smallest event. I PLANNED to work with middle school age English as second language learners on story elements and writing. I couldn't have ask to have my plans more perfectly derailed than they were! I ended up teaching a grade 12 class on leadership and encouragement. Rather than write all about it, I will let one of the student's poetry samples explain how the unexpected can turn into a pleasant gift...

I AM

I am brave and starbon (stubborn)
I wonder about my good heart
I hear the anger of my heart
I want to achieve my goals
I am brave and starbon

I pretend I am a happy person
I feel the pain in my chest
I touch my enemies' hearts
I worry about what I'm going to do if I do not succeed
I cry when I do not get what I want
I am brave and starbon

I understand life isn't easy
I say being committed will make life easier
I dream of being a better person
I try my best
I hope I'm trying good enough
I am brave and starbon

by Khamyisiie

2 comments:

  1. I love the last line, I read it as 2 endings... I am brave and stubborn... or.... I am brave and starborn. Both poignant statements. Jessica

    ReplyDelete